Why borrow from Desmond Credit Union
When we started out in 1972, we did so with only one purpose in mind – to lend to members, people like you. As a credit union, we were born to lend, and we’re still doing it.
- In short, we like saying yes It’s why we exist, whether it’s a new car or foreign holiday, a new motorbike or engagement ring, we want to help you, we want to give you a loan.
- We approve 96% of all loan applications Yes, you read correctly. We approve 96% of all loan applications we receive. So if you really want something but need a helping hand, just ask us, we’ll probably say Yes.
- We offer great value loan rates We offer loans from as little as 10% variable (10.47% APR).
- We make it easy to apply for a loan We’re open five days a week, including Saturdays, so it’s easy to contact us. You can call 069 62700 or email email@example.com to arrange a private consultation with one of our qualified loans officers. You can also start the application process online by filling out the loan calculator above and clicking the APPLY NOW button.
- We always give you a quick decision We’re quick at making decisions so you won’t be left waiting for an answer. You can expect a loan decision within 24 hours.
- Yes, we provide free life insurance on all loans It ensures that if a member with an outstanding loan balance dies, the balance is repaid in full (subject to certain terms and conditions). It enables you to borrow from us in the full confidence that, if you die, your dependants won’t have to pay the outstanding loan balance.
- There are no transaction fees It’s one of the many things that make us special; there are no transaction fees or administration charges, no hidden extras or nasty surprises.
- There are no penalties for early repayment Some financial institutions may penalise you if you repay your loan early, by charging you an early exit fee. That’s not our style. If you want to repay your loan early, we won’t penalise you for it.
- Interest is calculated on the reducing balance method It means you pay less interest with each repayment which can make a big difference over the lifetime of a loan.
If you are experiencing financial difficulty, it is important to know that there are plenty of options. Talk to us and we can help you.